Friday, August 10, 2012

George Mcmurray & Super-Fly






George is currently shooting for the APS-BG 100cc record which stands at 81+ mph 

Speed Week at the salt flats which run from August 11th through the 17th
Hello Brian
I stopped by your shop in June to pick-up a couple replacement windscreens for my racer and briefly visited with you and your son. I had been test riding the bike in California and stopped in to see you on my way home to Sequim, WA.
You had asked for me to send the specific’s on my scooter; The wheels,steering head and forks are from an ‘83 Yamaha RX50 and the remainder of the frame is custom made at my shop. The engine is a blown ‘67 Yamaha trailmaster 100cc. This particular model/year Yamaha was utilized because of it’s rotary valve induction system which lends itself well to supercharging. I run a moderate boost of 5 psi (max) and I’m inching that up via blower/crankshaft pulley ratio, a little at a time.
I’m currently shooting for the APS-BG 100cc record which stands at 81+ mph and I think I have a fairly good chance of exceeding it during Speed Week at the salt flats which run from August 11th through the 17th (two weeks from today).
If all goes well and I capture the record for the 100cc class I’ll re-engine and return next year with an early (rotary valve) Kawasaki KX125 and shoot for 100 mph.....nothing but fun (no-purse)!
Hope business is doing well!
George